1. Do you have a Nick Name?
Not exactly, since Jackie really is a nickname. Some family also calls me "Jack," and my dad calls me "Girl."
edit: I just remembered that the cleaning ladies at the Borders I used to work at called me "Smiley," so I think that counts.
1b. If so, how did you get your nickname?
On that side of my family women's names are often shortened to their masculine counterpart, Frances becomes "Frank" and Jacqueline becomes "Jack." I have no idea why my dad calls me "Girl," he just always has; I suppose I'd be "Boy" if I'd been born one.
2. Do you remember the commercial about a company that was once located at 1825 Tulane?
Of course! I don't think I'll ever forget the Rosenberg's jingle.
3. Favorite Cajun Band?
I am not a fan of Cajun music or zydico; I can listen to it for a little while, but after about ten minutes it just gets on my nerves. However, I do love New Orleans jazz and brass band music.
4. Favorite Cajun Cooked Dish?
Probably boiled crawfish.
5. What is your favorite seafood of these 3: Shrimp, Crawfish or Crabs?
Crawfish! Then shrimp, but I don't care for crabs.
6. Ever swam in a Bayou?
I haven't swum in a bayou, but I have swum in the Mississippi
7. Ever been to Pat O’Brien’s?
8. Most embarrassing Mardi Gras moment?
I don't think I've ever has an embarassing Mardi Gras moment. I love Mardi Gras and costuming, so I always just have a great time when I march with the Mystic Krewe of Saint Anne and the other marching crews!
9. Ever got the baby in the King Cake and put it back because you did not want to be the next person to buy the cake?
No, I don't mind buying king cakes, because then I get to pick out the filling. Cherry and apple are my favorites.
10. Do you remember K & B's?
I didn't use a Rite Aid until five years after K&B had gone out of business and even now I try to avoid them; I tend to hold a grudge.
11. Have you ever heard of Mr. Bingle?
I don't think I could have avoided Mr. Bingle during Christmas in New Orleans. That adorable snowman used to be everywhere. I especially like his holly leaf wings.
12. Is Morgus still alive?
Morgus lives! But I prefer the strong silent type, like Chopsley.
13. Have you ever had a desires to find Jean Lafitte's Treasure?
No, I can't say that I have, but now that you mention it...
14. Favorite place in Southern Louisiana?
POPP Fountain in City Park or the Carousel Gardens
15. Do you speak or understand Cajun French?
16. If you could eat anyone's cooking, who's would it be?
I love K-Paul's, but honestly I prefer non-New Orleans cuisine on a day to day basis. Still, if I could eat home made fried okra every day, I would. The same goes for red beans and rice.
17. Do you like Beignets?
I love them, especially with a cafe au lait with plenty of chicory - I know, I'm a stereotype.
18. Do you drive the Huey Long Bridge?
Not if I can avoid it!
19. Ever heard of the Rougarou?
Since I was a child. I'm not Cajun, but my mom's first husband was, so she's familiar with many of the myths. I also know all about Coco Robichaux (the singer and the myth).
20. Ever ate Alligator?
Yes, unsurprisingly it tastes a lot like chicken.
21. Ever ate Snapping Turtle?
I don't think so, but it's possible.
22. Ever ate Poo Doo Bird?
I'm not sure what this even means.
23. Would you feed a bum on the street or give him money to buy beer?
I've given my leftover food to plenty of gutter punks, but only if they ask nicely.
24. Stayed for hurricane Katrina or got the hell out of town?
got the hell out
25. Would you stay or leave for the next hurricane?
I will be very reluctant to leave for any future hurricanes now that I feel I know what the worst case scenario is. That's probably a stupid outlook, but that's just the way I feel.
26. Ever been to a Saints game in the dome?
I've been for a carnival and a few other events, but I don't like football.
27. Ever been to a Saint's game in the Tulane stadium?
Nope, I think football is boring.
28. Do you think Gumbo should have Okra in it?
I love okra, but I don't mind if it's left out of gumbo.
29. Should former Governor Edwin Edwards be released early from his prison sentence?
No, he's an ass.
30. Do you eat raw oysters?
I love raw oysters
31. Do you know what "Makin Groceries" means?
Yes, and I actually use the phrase.
32. Have you ever crossed the "Neutral Ground" ?
Many times! I've also stood on it to watch Mardi Gras parades and been to the coffee house by the same name.